My Daily Spark Quote

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Confession Time

We have a wedding to go to this weekend. I "bought" a card to give the bride and groom. When I told my DH, he was shocked. He couldn't understand why I did't make one with all the stamps I have. I tried explaining that I didn't have the right stamps and paper to do the job I would like to do on a card. He says he handmade one is better, so here's what I did. I took the "bought" card apart, and used part's of it on a card I made at my friend's house. I really liked the sentiment on the "bought" card. So I combined the two to create a handmade, one of a kind card. I used textured cardstock and embossed a floral background in gold, over it. I looks like golden lace. I added some embossed hearts and the sentiments and I was done.

1 comment:

Melinda McMillen said...

you bought a WHAT??? hehehe!! i'm sure your new card is beautiful, and better than the other one. i'd love to see it. you should definately post a pic!